Venue: Carnegie Institution for Science, Washington, D.C.
Organized by: Committee on the Contemporary Archives of Science and Technology (C-CAST) of the International Council on Archives/Section on University and Research Institution Archives (ICA/SUV)
Proposals are now being accepted for the Second Workshop on Scientific Archives. The aim of the workshop is to explore topics in the area of the contemporary archives of science and technology.
Possible themes for papers include (but are not limited to):
- Collaboration between scientists and archivists to best capture contemporary material
- Appraisal of science and technology archives
- Curating and making accessible science and technology archives to support both humanities research and scientific reuse
- Describing specialist collections from a non-scientific perspective
- Archives and scientific data management and usage
- Public outreach and communication: who are scientific archives for?
The First Workshop on Scientific Archives was hosted by the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg (DE), 1-2 November 2016.
The organizing committee welcomes proposals from (but not limited to) archivists, historians, scientists, engineers, data specialists and curators.
Papers are to be 20 minutes. Please submit a 400-word abstract using the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/4sCKjhlJQsWnU3rm1 by Thursday 29 March 2018.
Papers will be selected by the organizing committee by Friday 20 April 2018, at which point selected speakers will be notified. The full program will be published in early-May 2018.
A limited number of travel bursaries will be available for students, new professionals and international presenters. These will be distributed by the organizing committee. For more information, see: https://www.embl.de/aboutus/archive/working-with-scientific-archives/workshop/. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Mueller, email@example.com, or Bethany Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org.